Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"e" the only letter not on sale


I have decided to start posting in large font, partly because I am older and can't see anymore and partly because it looks better... I really don't have anything to say other than today my day mostly consisted of a series of futile efforts, all of them useless, some of them amusing. I went for an ultrasound to confirm or deny the presence of ovarian cysts (fun huh) and to have a CA-125 blood test due to family history. Then I proceeded to Target to purchase birthday party invitations for Rachel (her 3rd consecutive Hannah Montana party) for a date we still can't agree on. While I was in Target I spied some positively cute note cards with an initial on them. Should the good lord strike me dead if I am lying, but as I live and breathe every other letter of the alphabet "note card" was marked down from $3.99 to $1.50 except "E". I thought "this must be an oversight, or posssibly, a joke. I took the notecards with the rest of my purchases to the check out counter and explained my tale of woe. The unsympathetic sales clerk reiterated the sales price as $3.99 and was not into my story at all...needless to say I did not not buy the perfectly cute note cards, as I could not bring myself to buy into the discrimination they implied. A day in the life of Liz!! Don't you wish you were me...

No comments: